Monday, June 4, 2007

You Say It's Your Birthday......

Yesterday I turned 18 for the second time, yep, I celebrated my 36th birthday. We had a big time at the lake with the entire family, there was skiing and "tubing", BBQ, and beer.

There is just something so cool about watching your brother sling your kids all over the lake in an innertube. Now, cause you gotta be safe and all, we have "Big Bertha" innertubes. They are huge and padded and have handles and all of that, back in the day we had the real innertube. Old school, black right out of a truck tire, with a 4 inch stem, tied to the back of the boat with a rope. When you got on that thing you made damn sure it was stem side down. The new ones may be more comfortable, but they are hard for a kid like Magnuts, who weighs 50lbs soaking wet, to keep them on the water. He was bouncing his little brains out and grinning like a lunatic the whole time!

The kids all know the signals, you know thumbs up means faster, thumbs down means slower, but Magnuts kept poking his thumb out to the side. He says that means go "medium speed", duh....

Also had the opportunity to clue my brother in on one of my favorite sayings, "just hold the legs." It is just the second half of the full saying, "I am screwing this chicken, you just hold the legs." This is a nice way to let someone know they have crossed the "helping you" line into being an asshat who is pissing you off.

Well all and all I must say that 36 beats the hell out of 18.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the party invite!-k

Southern Fried Mom said...

Happy Birthday!!! I will be 18 again in a couple of months & I am so stealing that expression. I added you to my blogroll, because I can tell you are my kind of people! (I found your blog through a comment on Mama Drama).

Southern Fried Mom said...

I say "For the love..." all the time, too.

Kevin Charnas said...

36 DOES beat the hell out of 18.

Happy Birfday!!

And yes, we always made DAMN SURE that stem was down.
Man O'days, you just brought back some memories...

Well, it sounds grand. And I only wish you the best for this year!

And the whole chicken saying???
Classic. Thanks for that.

For the Love... said...

Sothern Fried Mom - Thanks! I will be checking out your site as soon as the coffee starts to work!

Kevin Charnas - LOVE YA! and your Little Chrissy Behind...You made my day!

mommiebear2 said...

Happy Birthday! The funny thing is I feel like you are talkig about my life. We love tubin, especially down the river and that "stem" can be a real biatch. :) Oh, and the whole chicken - legs saying is one of my aunt's favs!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Hope you had a BLAST. Did you ever think you'd get to 36? I'm freaking out over 35.

Sorry we missed you during our trip down south. LOVE your blog!

Phoenix said...

Sounds like a blast. My brother is meaner than your I guess, he says thumbs up is fast and thumbs down is super fast. I always end up sore after tubing. Too the side is medium fast, lol, that's a smart kid you've got there.

Happy belated birthday. Oh and thanks for visiting my site.